Saturday 29 December 2007

I Wrote A Line

I wrote a line

A warning of the dangers of Creative Writing from
the man in black (....no not Alex)

Happy New Year everyone


I keep my pencil lead sharp and very fine
I keep my notebook open all the time
One night I sat and stared from six till nine
In all that time, I wrote a line

This bloody writing takes up all my time
The words go spinning round inside my mind
My brain is always searching for a rhyme
Because one time, I wrote a line.

I’ve got a real bad case of writer's block
I feel I'm always up against the clock
If I come up with something I'm in shock
Last night was fine, I wrote a line

Perhaps my brain's gone rusty over time
I tried some WD40 mixed with wine
And tumbling keep the words now just out fine
Many's the time, I wrote a line

Now I just sit here rocking all the time
I wear the straightest jacket they could find
And now my mouth and brain just won't align
They won't align, I wrote a line.

4 comments:

  1. Great fun as ever! Cheers!
    I've got a syllable here somewhere - now where's that WD40?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a couple of pints of the stuff no one notices anyway! I certainlyly don't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always able to find the humour in a problem most writers find themselves with at some point.
    Still a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete