Wednesday 14 January 2009

Face Mask: a free sample

Face Mask – a free sample
‘Positive action for tired,
lustreless, skin.
A re-energised, radiant
appearance,
In less than
three minutes’.
‘Dermatologically
approved, ph balanced
Aqua glycerine
Glutamine, Lanoline’
I snip the corner
of my packet of promise,
Paste salvation over
famished skin.
My face is both
adolescent and old,
Bed-sit and shrine,
Touched too much
and too little.
‘Hypo-allergenic
micro beads
laboratory tested’
Consecrated
by clinical words
I let the mask
mesmerise my pores,
sting my senses,
dragoon my dullness.
Waiting in the wings,
A white, unsmiling clown.
I wipe and wash the
layers away,
A patchy beard of scum
clings to the basin.
Dripping dreams,
I search for a mirror….

Perhaps I timed it wrong?



Jacqueline Pemberton

No comments:

Post a Comment