Tuesday 4 March 2008

Colours of You

When first we met, you were wedding dress white,
As precious and pure as all brand new things.
You soon became gold, a source of delight,
As Artemis’ chariot and wedding rings.
My passion was fuelled when you burned deep red,
Mauved slowly to yellow – soft and warm.
You were a kaleidoscope, a myriad
Of rainbows shimmering before the storm.
One day you showed up in a cloud of dull grey.
You blacked and blued, and then you marooned me.
The colours I’d loved were all blown away -
Now a world without hue is my destiny.
Will I love again? I’m not so certain
Since I see you now as faded net curtains.


A. Heys
10/2/08

1 comment:

  1. i enjoyed this sonnet. a very skilfull weaving of textures and colours. particularly like the 'marooned..' line assonance. lovely twist at the end

    ReplyDelete