Friday 17 August 2007

Times Change But Gifts Are Forever

(Test posting, just to get the ball rolling)

I may be getting old, but I am a little surprised at the furore about the supposed danger of toys from China in the news today. Gone are the old days, when you would be grateful if your parents gave you anything, like a box of matches or some weed-killer.

I still remember when, for my birthday, my Dad gave me a hand grenade. He made the gift-giving into a real occasion, too. He said, if I was a good boy, for a Christmas present, he'd give me the pin.

The End

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky

    How I remember being an anxious little boy who was always eager to please. This anxiety caused me to suck on my lead soldiers as i moved them into battle. I am certain that this sucking has had an adverse effect on my brain power causing me to fail my 11 plus and generally contributing in a negative way to all my efforts to get on in society, as Sir John B. used to say. So if any relatives come bearing gifts in my direction they are rapidly consigned to the bin along with the said gift.

    regards

    Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Max - I've only just found this comment. God only knows what I sucked on in my childhood to leave me so incredibly mentally impaired!

    ReplyDelete