Friday 17 August 2007

Cafe Society

Back then, life - a blank page,
waiting for a bigger splash.
"Ill have a large espresso."
A portrait by Picasso in his Blue Period
hung askew on a rough plastered wall.
All thought it amazing.

Among wooden tables and benches
feelings ran high,
things took an age to happen.
Our cafe society,
caught between the high school dance
and the bar's dark corner.
Sometimes I would stand around,
in later days, in other places;
sometimes I fell down.

Hi everyone, Max here. I thought I might make a contribution to our blog so thoughtfully started by Peter-he of the wonderful reading voice. I will place the time and location of this poem. The Tarrella Coffee Bar, Winckley Strret off Fishergate 1963-64. when I was 17. All comments will be most gratefully appeciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment