Sunday 22 June 2008

Blue Nun

(To the tune of Blue Moon - not Eidelweiss!)

Blue Nun
You saw me standing alone
Without a glass in my hand
Without a drink of my own.

Blue Nun
You with your sultry "Halo"
You stoked the fire down below
You made my glass overflow

Blue Nun
Through alpine meadows we'll run
Communion out in the sun
Blue nuns just want to have fun

And then there suddenly appeared before me
A multitude of dancing blue nuns
I heard the sound of music playing just for me
And when I looked again my dream was gone

Blue Nun
I'll hold your candle for you
Walk round in sandals for you
I'd risk a scandal for you.

Blue Nun
I'd like to help you discove..r
Many new ways to love
But you said "nun of the above"

And then I saw your mother superior
Standing in the shadows so blue
I confess I felt a flush of mass hysteria
‘Cos I’ve got a thing about your mother too

Blue Nun
I'm in the habit with you
I've worn your wimple. It's true!
Just something men like to do.

Blue Nun
If you will always be mine
I'll take you right up the Rhine
You are my favourite wine

No comments:

Post a Comment